This is a very satisfying vegetarian Indian dish made with a tomato cream base and include paneer and peas. This recipe is easy and quick to prepare.
Serve pilau rice and naan bread.
- Heat the ghee in a large frying pan and add the garlic and onion. Cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Now add the tomato puree and continue to stir until heated through.
- Next add the peas and paneer, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 3 minutes to fully heat the paneer.
- Now add the peas cook until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the yogurt mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm.
Gather up and prepare all your ingredients before cooking, including dicing the onion, creating your tomato puree, dicing the paneer, etc.
You can also put all your seasonings and spices into a small bowl and set them aside.
Alternatively, substitute cinnamon, clove, caradamom and turmeric with 2 teaspoons garam masala or curry powder.
If you’re not familiar with paneer, it’s a rennet-free cheese product that is popular in South Asian cooking. While it is technically a cheese, it has the texture of tofu. It also absorbs the flavors of what it’s cooked in, much like tofu.
Food in Asia