Chicken breast is a versatile meat. Its delicate taste and texture combine with a wide variety of flavors. This recipe mixes apple, pecans and vanilla to produce an interesting chicken dish.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly oil a baking pan.
- Using a very sharp knife, gently, and carefully cut close to the smooth side of the chicken breast, creating a pocket.
- Place 1 half slice of the provolone inside of the pocket, followed by half of the apple slices. Then add a small amount of the shallot, to taste.
- Top with the remaining provolone. Pull the pocket closed toeing with twine. Sprinkle with milk and coat with the bread crumbs. Place chicken onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. The juice should run clear.
- Using a double boiler, prepare your sauce while the chicken is baking. .
- Lightly simmer the water, combining it with the egg yolks and sugar. Beat until the yolk pales and a froth forms. Slowly add the wine. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add the pecans and vanilla.
- Ladle some of the sauce onto a serving plate and place your chicken breast on top of it. Drizzle a bit of the sauce over top.
North American cuisine.
Food in U.S.A.