Raw foods are extremely healthy for you and are so simple to prepare.
Everyone at some point in their life has eaten raw foods. Why not consider the raw options?
The naturally raw side of foods
There are so many ways to incorporate them into your diet. Raw foods are filled with nutrients and vitamins our bodies crave. Raw foods also are a time saver. They don't require great deals of preparation which allows for more free time. Let's find out all the possibilities there are when using raw foods.
Let's start off by talking about some simple raw vegetables.
- Lettuce can make salads or add lettuce to a sandwich giving ordinary things healthy flavor
- Broccoli can be used as a dipper with ranch dressing or just eat it plain
- Onions can be used to add flavor to any types of dishes
- Tomatoes can be added to salads, sandwiches well almost anything
How about those raw fruits?
- Apples can be eaten just as they are, used for fresh toppings or in a caramel dip
- Oranges make any breakfast a treat and can be placed in drinks or on cereal
- Grapes add a little extra to chicken salad, fruit salads or as a munchie in the middle of the afternoon
- Bananas make great toppings for cereal or add a special touch to peanut butter sandwiches
- Strawberries well they just speak for themselves
- Other berries such as blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are also a grand addition to raw foods
There are many more fruits and veggies you can use, you can combine anything you would like to make drinks, main courses and even dessert. The sky is the limit when cooking with raw foods.
All of these fruits and vegetables are healthy and very filling too. Blend them up and suddenly you have a delicious smoothie. Throw a couple strawberries on your pancakes in the morning and you have just spiced up your breakfast.
Something you should think about getting is a juicer. This will open a window into the world of raw liquids!. What a name huh? Well it exactly explains its meaning. Take an apple or lemon and put it threw a juicer and BAM just like that you have the makings for a wonderful drink to go along with your meal. Using a juicer will lend an extra hand in helping your children eat healthier. Kids are pickier then adults are, so any chance you get to make eating healthier easier, do it!
Raw foods are very easily preserved. All you have to do is put the fruit or veggies into a freezer tight bag and pop them in your freezer. You can find bags just about anywhere which makes dealing with raw foods that much easier.
There are ways to take foods that aren't originally raw and turn them "raw". It's a process called dehydrating and it can take foods and give them different tastes and textures and give us more varieties of healthier foods.
Nothing is perfect
Though raw foods are very healthy for you they are not easy to come by. Yes, you can prepare them all day and all night in your home but trying to go out to a restaurant and get a raw food platter could be a little tougher than you might think. Most restaurants even though they tell you the food is raw has probably been soaked or cooked in some shape or form. Just always be careful and stick to the fresh fruits and vegetables. They are sure to satisfy!