Moldy cheese

Is moldy cheese safe to eat?

Generally speaking, soft cheeses that mold should be thrown out. This includes cottage cheese, cream cheese and even any type of cheese that’s been shredded. If it’s a harder cheese like Swiss or cheddar, it’s likely safe to cut off the mold, but be safe and cut about an inch past the mold.

Submitted byTrudyon Mon, 05/20/2013 - 07:24

Moldy soft cheese is not nice. Throw it!

I tend to throw hard cheese when it goes bad, as well, but I will try to cut out the bad bit next time.