Serve warm raspberry sauce with chilled Danish rice pudding for a contrast of textures and temperatures.
- Combine water and cornstarch and reserve.
- Place raspberries, including syrup, and jelly into a saucepan and heat to boiling point.
- Mix cornstarch into raspberries and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Go on stirring while the sauce simmers for one minute.
- Serve warm raspberry sauce sauce on top of cold rice pudding.
Substitute currant jelly with other fruit jelly.
Although this sauce is typically served over chilled Danish rice pudding, it is also delicious over vanilla ice cream or apple pie.
Sweet and fruity dessert sauce, it is also very good when prepared with frehsly picked raspberries.
Food in Europe