This dessert appeals to the sight as much as taste. Prepare one single large rice pudding or individual portions.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff and reserve.
- Heat sugar, water, and salt to boiling point, in the microwave or a saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin, stirring constantly until it is dissolved.
- Add milk, cooked rice, vanilla, and almonds and stir briefly to mix.
- Place the container in a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Fold whipped cream into rice mixture.
- Pour into a mold, cover and chill until set, about 3 hours.
- Turn out and serve cold with warm raspberry sauce.
The milk and gelatin mixture will be ready to incorporate whipped cream when it forms a slight lump when dropped from a spoon.
To remove rice pudding from mold, place it briefly in a bowl of warm water - the edge will soften - then turn.
Serve chilled Danish rice pudding with warm raspberry sauce.
Individual portions can be chilled in ramekins. They will take less time to set.
Food in Europe