Goes well with grilled red snapper, grilled swordfish, crab fritters, BBQ Buffalo burgers, grilled tuna, grilled pork loin.
2 T olive oil
1 onion (small, coarsely chopped)
2 clv garlic (coarsely chopped)
1⁄4 t cinnamon (ground)
1⁄4 t allspice (ground)
1 pn clove (ground)
1 chili pepper (small habanero chili, seeded and finely chopped)
1 mango (large, coarsely chopped)
1 t mustard (Dijon mustard)
1⁄4 c vinegar (red wine vinegar)
seasoning (salt and freshly ground black pepper)
- In a medium saucepan over a medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add in the cinnamon, allspice, cloves and habanero chili, cooking 1 minute.
- Stir in the mango, cook and additional 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add this mixture and vinegar together in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This is best served at room temperature.