The Iowa chop is a huge, boneless pork chop.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium to high heat. Brown pork chops 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. As the chop is turned, season the browned side with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer browned and seasoned pork chops to a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with chopped onion and sliced mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine condensed mushroom soup, water, onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until smooth, and pour over pork chops.
- Cover casserole dish and cook on middle rack for 90 minutes.
Use one of the empty mushroom soup cans to measure water.
If you don't have a casserole disn with a lid, use a suitable sized oven pan and cover with aluminum foil.
North American cuisine.