This terrine with herbs is just one example of cream cheese cuisine. Use it as an elegant appetizer for any celebration meal.
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Distribute cream cheese among 3 bowls.
- Process basil and pine nuts in the blender or food processor. Add this mixture to the first bowl.
- Mix shredded lettuce and chives and add to the second bowl.
- Add diced peppers to the third bowl.
- Melt the soaked gelatin in a pan with 3 tablespoons of water. Distribute among the 3 bowls. Mix in.
- Fill small ramekins with the with the three kinds of cheese, either three layers in all or an individual kind of cheese in each one. Let them rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the terrines from the ramekins and decorate with basil leaf, lettuce and peppers. Serve with cherry tomatoes.
If you don't have it, substitute 6 sheets leaf gelatin with 3 Tbs unflavored powdered gelatin. Dissolve the gelatin in 3 Tbs hot water - or a little more - as indicated in the package instructions.
It is easy to make herb terrines with other vegetables and herbs once you master the basic technique given in the example here. For instance, substitute roasted peppers with cooked mushroom for a new variation.
Food in the World