This recipe for carrot-apple sauce muffins is milk free but it contains eggs. Substituting butter with vegetable oil and apple sauce adds moist to the muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in the vegetable oil, applesauce, carrots, raisins, and orange peel. Add to the flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared muffin tins and bake until a tester inserted comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack, then invert and cool completely.
Use this recipe as base for decorated cupcakes because these muffins are great when frosted. It will make 36 small muffins.
This recipe has no butter, it is low in saturated fat, dairy free, and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Food in U.S.A.