A sample of simple Cajun cooking. The Cajun notes come from the seasoning and the way flavors are combined.
- Wash the fish fillets and pat dry.
- In a bowl mix the ground wheat flakes and all the seasonings.
- Pour the dry mixture onto a piece of foil or wax paper, and dip the fillets into the seasoning, coating both sides.
- In a heavy cast iron fry pan heat the oil. Fry the fillets for 2 minutes on each side.
- Lay the fillets on a plate lined with a paper towel, cover with another paper towel, and pat to remove excess oil.
Serve with home potatoes on the side.
Food in U.S.A.