Each day, keep a tally of the number of fruit/vegetable servings beside their name. The recommended servings for age and gender are found at the top of the chart.
1 serving of fruits or vegetables:
- 1/2 cup chopped fruit or vegetables
- 1 cup leafy greens
- 1 medium apple, orange, tomato, etc.
Each day add a “Daily Challenge” to encourage family members to try something new or do something they don’t always do.
Some examples you can use:
- Try a new vegetable
- Eat a certain vegetable raw, cooked, etc.
- Have a fruit with breakfast
- Have 3 different vegetables with dinner
The Daily Challenge can be the same for all members or each member can have a unique one.
At the end of the week, reward yourselves for good performance. Enjoy a special outing or anything else the family agrees upon.
Here is where you can get your form: