Serve salade Niçoise either in a bowl or a plate.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cooled, peel and cut into 1/5 inch slices.
- Cook green beans in boliling salted water. Drain and cool under cold running water to stop cooking. Cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Line a salad bowl with lettuce. Combine potatoes and green beans and place over the lettuce.
- Place the drained, flaked tuna in the center. Arrange egg quarters, tomato chunks, anchovy fillets and olives around the tuna.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if using, and serve.
Substitute lettuce with 6-8 cups mixed salad leaves. If preparing the salad later, store cooked green beans and cooked, sliced potatoes, covered, in the refrigerator.
Green beans are also know as string beans, French beans, or haricot verts.