A savory, tasty and thick bisque from down under.
- In a saucepan big enough, heat the oil.
- While stirring constantly add the three vegetables and shells until lightly browned.
- To the mixture, add the herbs and spices along with the flour and tomato paste, still stirring until mixed adequately.
- Stir in the wine water and stock cube until a thicker consistency is observed.
- Leave uncovered for 30 minutes with the heat reduced, removing excess on the surface when done.
- Strain the soup through a sieve and when reheating add the cream before mixing.
- Add poached prawns and serve immediately.
Food in Oceania
Travel the world a recipe at a time.
Find the recipes for the sauces, stocks, spice mixes, herb blends, dips, spreads, dishes and beverages that flavor the world.