Mud pies are chocolate or coffee pies. They got their name when a waitress at a restaurant remarked that the melted chocolate in a pie reminded her of the Mississippi mud.
- Leave the ice cream at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Pour the melted butter into a bowl and mix in the crushed chocolate wafers.
- Press the chocolate wafer and butter mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie dish.
- Fill the pie with coffee ice cream. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Put the pie in the freezer until the coffee ice cream is firm again, about 20 minutes.
- Get the pie out of the freezer, top with the fudge sauce and smooth with again with the spatula.
You can also decorate the mud pie with whipped cream.
Food in U.S.A.