- Combine in a bowl the ground meat with the powdered coriander and half the dried oregano.
- Season with salt and form into small balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the meat balls.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, the broth and the rest of the oregano. Bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or unitl the meat is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm.
Use ground beef, ground pork, or a combination of beef and pork mince. For leaner meat balls, use ground turkey meat.
Very lean ground beef may be tricky to shape into balls, adding 1 small egg will bind the meat.
Food in America