If you like to finish a meal with a cup of coffee, then you have to try an Irish coffee. Made from black coffee, Irish whiskey, brown sugar and whipping cream it’s a drink that is sure to please any day of the year.
- Start by making your coffee as you normally would.
- While that is brewing, in a small bowl, lightly whip the heavy whipping cream. Once lightly whipped, put it in the refrigerator to keep cold.
- Next, add one level teaspoon of sugar to each coffee cup.
- Pour in enough coffee to fill the cup about 2/3 full.
- Divide the whiskey into 2 parts adding 1 part to each cup and stir to mix.
- Carefully float cold cream on top. Do not mix! Cream should stay at the top and you drink the coffee through it.
Traditional Irish coffee uses a cream that has not been whipped, but if you like your coffee with a little fluff, give the cream a light whipping. In addition, try using Bailey’s Irish cream with caramel instead of traditional whiskey to give it an added punch. Brown sugar adds a little extra caramel flavor.
Irish coffee can be used it to kick start your St. Patrick’s day celebrations!