Garnish with avocado slices and cheese. Use Monterrey Jack or Chihuahua cheese in this recipe. Mexican oregano will render a more authentic flavor.
- Heat up the 2 tablespoons oil in a pan on a medium heat. Cook onions, bell pepper and garlic, stirring, until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, chili powder, basil, oregano and tomato puree. Heat to boiling, then, reduce heat, cover lightly, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil for tortillas in a skillet until hot. Cook the tortilla strips in the hot oil oil until light golden brown - about 30 to 60 seconds - and drain.
- Divide tortilla strips and chicken among 6 bowls. Pour broth over chicken the chicken broth.
- Garnish each bowl with shredded cheese and sliced avocado. Serve.
Corn tortillas should be cut into 1/2-inch strips.
Cooked chicken breasts should be cut up or shredded.
Add sweet corn, cooked beans or canned chiles to the pan.
All Foods Natural recipe contest
Food in U.S.A.