This recipe is good for dinner or a hearty breakfast. If using garlic and rosemary marinade to flavor the chops, skip the olive oil in the recipe.
- Rub chops with oil or marinate in garlic and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Build a two level fire, place the grill rack in place, close the grill lid and allow to heat up for 5 minutes.
- Grill the chops over the hot side of the fire for 4 minutes, turning once.
- Move them over to the cooler side and grill until done as desired.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Grilled lamb chops will take 10 minutes for well-done, 8 minutes for medium, and 6 for rare.
To make a two-level fire, spread some of the coals in a single layer over half of the grill. leave the remaining coals in a pile that rises to within 2-2 1/2 inches of the cooking grate.
If your chops flame up, pull them off the heat and calm the fire with a water bottle.
Garlic-rosemary marinade for lamb chops
2 large garlic cloves; 1 Tbs minced rosemary leaves; a pinch cayenne pepper; 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil.
Press and puree the garlic cloves. Mix all ingredient together and rub the paste onto the lamb chops. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.